Winter Loneliness Round
Opens : 18th Dec 20 at 12:00 pm
Closes : 18th Jan 21 at 04:00 pm
THIS ROUND IS NOW CLOSED
Audio Content Fund – Winter Loneliness 2020 Round
The Audio Content Fund is inviting bids for a special funding round designed to combat loneliness during the Covid Winter of 2020-21. This round is in addition to our Standard Round 6 which is already underway.
We are looking for content ideas that will support vulnerable listeners this Winter. These may be people living alone, older people, single people, young parents, people who live remotely, are physically isolated, or otherwise isolated by the pandemic restrictions.
The content could be in any format or genre, but bids should demonstrate how the content will make listeners feel less lonely, or empower them toward combating loneliness. This could include ideas that connect listeners with their community, entertain them, combat boredom, support mental health, or help other listeners that want to make a difference.
This is not a brief for content about loneliness – it’s a brief to support people who might be feeling lonely. As such, content can more generally support health and wellbeing, help people handle stress, provide companionship, inspire and support creativity and activity, teach people a skill, make people laugh, or provide a form of escapism.
• Normal Audio Content Fund evaluation criteria apply – read about these in our Bidding Guidelines. This means our normal three Mandatory Criteria apply, and ideas will be measured against the five Supplementary Criteria too.
• Content must be broadcast before 31st March 2021.
• 18 Dec - Covid Winter Round opens for bids
• 18 Jan at 4pm – Covid Winter Round closes
• 28 Jan – ACF Panel Meets
• 4 Feb – Decisions announced
• Feb and March – Production and Broadcast