How To Bid
Funding can be applied for in one of our regular funding rounds. These are windows of usually 4 weeks when will accept applications for funding via our website. The next funding rounds are:
- Round 5 – opens 31 Aug, closes 28 Sep
- Round 6 – opens 7 Dec, closes 18 Jan
So far this year, we’ve allocated £400k as part of our Coronavirus Support round, and will review bids from Round 4 (March 2020) soon as well, expecting to allocate a further £200k.
The Bidding Guidelines have been carefully prepared to tell you everything you need to know about the bidding process. They outline the application process, the evaluation criteria, and details about eligibility. Please make sure you have downloaded and read the Bidding Guidelines thoroughly before you apply.
- Bids must come from independent production companies, that are separate from their broadcast partners. We don’t fund radio stations directly.
- Bids must come with a guarantee of broadcast on one or more Ofcom-licensed radio stations. We can’t fund content for podcasts or online-only radio stations.
- If a bid is for community radio or smaller commercial stations, networks or partnerships of multiple broadcasters should be formed to maximise audience impact.
Mandatory Budget Breakdown
You will need to supply a copy of the Budget Breakdown document: