Would Like To Meet
Authored documentary series about dating and disability
6x 15mins, by Exeter Phoenix and Documental Theatre, first aired 12th June 2022
Why do many disabled people have fulfilling love lives while for others it just ain’t happening? Or at least not how they thought it would…? Comedian, writer and wheelchair-user Ngozi Ugochukwu is going on a quest to find love in a (sort-of) post-pandemic world.
Along the way, Ngozi meets some amazing individuals with disabilities to hear their love stories and explore some of the currents in contemporary dating for people with disabilities, visible or otherwise.
Full of laughs and touching human moments Would Like To Meet aims to look at the experiences of disabled people positively and honestly, inviting listeners to think in new ways about how we all live.
- 3TFM Community Radio for Health – Ardrossan, Saltcoats, and Stevenston
- Able Radio – Newport, South Wales
- Care Radio – Portsmouth, Surrey, South London and Manchester
- Cornucopia Radio – Sheffield
- Oldham Community Radio
- Penistone FM
- Phonic FM – Exeter
- Radio Northumberland
- Revolution Radio – West Northamptonshire
- Rhubarb Radio – Wakefield District & South Leeds
- Sheffield Live
- Siren FM – Lincoln
- Smart Radio GY – Great Yarmouth
- Soundart Radio – Totnes, Devon
- Steel FM – Scunthorpe
- Vixen 101 – Market Weighton, East Yorkshire