Bids for Audio Content Fund money require production companies to form relationships with broadcasters ahead of placing their bid, so that their submission can include that all-important Commitment To Broadcast letter. Often, radio stations will make their broadcast opportunities known to all, and invite contacts from people with ideas. Where possible, we will list those opportunities on this page and provide links for more information.
All information is published in good faith and without intent to prejudice the Independent Funding Panel’s decision-making process. Information is accurate at the time of publishing. This page will be updated as often as is humanly possible. This is not an exhaustive list – it’s just the opportunities that have been shared with us – if you want your opportunity to be listed here, please email us.
- Bauer’s Greatest Hits Radio Network in Scotland are interested in a) documentaries about the careers of Scotland’s biggest music acts, and b) topical news-based comedy presented by Scottish comedians. For more information, contact Michael MacRae. (Last updated March 2020)
- Swansea Sound and The Wave are looking for documentaries with local interest, religious programmes, Welsh choirs, Welsh music artists, programmes about The Gower, local sport teams, and Welsh language programmes. For more information, contact Steve Barnes. (Last updated March 2020)
- Nation Broadcasting are looking to develop specific strands on their South and West Wales stations, including a weekly Welsh-language new music programme, and a weekly magazine programme about Young Farmers. For more information, contact Neil Greenslade. (Last updated March 2020)
- CommunicorpUK are looking for ideas for their stations in Wales and Manchester, that will fit with their brand formats in those areas. For more information, contact Neil Sloan.(Last updated March 2020)
- Union JACK Radio, is on the lookout for original, funny, entertaining and unconventional radio ideas. More information. (Last updated March 2020)
- JACK Radio is particularly interested in audio content which shines the spotlight on women in music, comedy, the arts & lifestyle, business, and wellbeing. More information. (Last updated April 2020)
- FunKids are looking for family content ideas – factual, fiction, documentaries about children’s lives, and other ideas in short form and longer form. More information. (Last updated March 2020)
- Cuillin FM (Skye), Two Lochs Radio (Wester Ross), and Isles FM (Stornoway) are all interested in Gaelic programming which can be shared by all three stations, particularly featuring young voices and new presenters. Posted 5 June 2019. For more information, contact Ruth Taylor (Cuillin),Alex Gray (TLR), David Morrison (Isles).