Bids for Audio Content Fund money require production companies to form relationships with broadcasters ahead of placing their bid, so that their submission can include that all-important Commitment To Broadcast letter. Often, radio stations will make their broadcast opportunities known to all, and invite contacts from people with ideas. Where possible, we will list those opportunities on this page and provide links for more information.
All information is published in good faith and without intent to prejudice the Independent Funding Panel’s decision-making process. Information is accurate at the time of publishing. This page will be updated as often as is humanly possible. This is not an exhaustive list – it’s just the opportunities that have been shared with us – if you want your opportunity to be listed here, please email us.
- Bauer’s Greatest Hits Radio Network in Scotland are interested in ideas around the themes of Scotland’s sporting successes, wider influence on the world and anything that would fall into the remit of celebrating Scotland’s achievements across 2021. In their words: “This year is going to be a big year for Scotland – there is a good feeling among the nation and this will build up across the year. From Comedy, Film, Music, People and Sport we would love to hear your ideas.” For more information, contact Michael MacRae. (Last updated April 2021)
- Nation Broadcasting are looking to develop specific strands on their South and West Wales stations, including a weekly Welsh-language new music programme, and a weekly magazine programme about Young Farmers. For more information, contact Neil Greenslade. (Last updated April 2021)
- Greatest Hits Radio South Wales has a commitment of 12hrs of Welsh content per week, which is mainly achieved through the evening show with Gareth Hurford. They would be interested in hearing about any brilliant and target-relevant (40+) ideas that they could incorporate into our existing programming. Contact Steve Barnes (Lasted updated, April 2021)
- Communicorp UK are looking for ideas for their Capital stations in Scotland and South Wales that will really connect with a 15-24 audience and work within the brand format. They are also interested in single ideas or potential series for XS Manchester rooted in music and the city’s culture. For more information, contact Neil Sloan. (Last updated April 2021)
- FunKids are looking for family content ideas – factual, fiction, documentaries about children’s lives, and other ideas in short form and longer form. More information. (Last updated April 2021)
- Union JACK Radio, Union JACK Rock, and Union JACK Dance, are on the lookout for original, funny, entertaining and unconventional radio ideas. More information. (Last updated April 2021)
- Cuillin FM (Skye), Two Lochs Radio (Wester Ross), and Isles FM (Stornoway) are all interested in Gaelic programming which can be shared by all three stations, particularly featuring young voices and new presenters. Posted 5 June 2019. For more information, contact Ruth Taylor (Cuillin),Alex Gray (TLR), David Morrison (Isles).