Don’t Worry Be Healthy
Short-form series providing advice from local athletes, sports stars, gym instructors and performance directors on how to keep both body and mind fit and healthy on your own, with easy to follow hints to stay active.
15x 1min, by Anything But Footy, first aired 15th March 2021
Never before has the need to keep fit and healthy at home been more required than during successive lockdowns.
Don’t Worry Be Healthy will help people maintain personal fitness and well-being, as getting physical can reduce levels of anxiety and distress by more than a quarter.
Contributors will include:
- Georgia Taylor-Brown – Reigning World Champion Triathlete
- Tanni Grey-Thompson – Paralympic legend & chair of UK Active
- Niamh Emerson – Derbyshire Commonwealth Games medalist Hepthalete
- Mark Rose – Head Coach of the City of Manchester Swim Team
- Aimee Willmott – Commonwealth Games gold medalist and runs Willmott Swim Skills – from Middlesbrough
- Mandy Bell – Former Head Coach at Derby Swimming Club
- Dame Sarah Storey – 14x Paralympic champion and Cycling Commissioner
- Melissa Teasdale – British Cycling and Newcastle City Council’s ‘Go Ride’ Coach
- Declan Brooks – Great British BMX rider, based in Corby
- Kara Frost – assistant club manager at YourGym in Lytham
- Rachael Tindall – Pilates Instructor from Newcastle
- Nathan Hilton – Head Coach at the Nova Centurion Swim Club in Nottingham
- Paula Dunn – Para Head Coach at British Athletics
- Stephen Miller – Three time Paralympic champion
- Bex Milnes – Lead Paratriathlon Coach at the Loughborough Performance Centre